Cannabis wax, also known as cannabis concentrate, is the purest and most potent concentrates of the cannabis plant. These concentrates are usually made by using a solvent such as butane to dilute concentrated extracts of the plant (commonly called rosins).
Why should you use cannabis wax? What are its benefits?
- Cannabis Wax is not prone to combustion. As a result, it produces fewer tars or carcinogens during its smoking process.
- Cannabis Wax is not susceptible to the harshness of traditional smoking, and along with its pleasant taste and aroma, can provide a full-bodied experience.
- Cannabis wax is an ideal concentrate for dabbing since it is extremely thin and quickly vaporizes on its own.
The effects on your mood are produced by the ratio of THC (the psychoactive compound in cannabis) to CBD (Cannabidiol) in a particular product or strain. For example, many strains of cannabis have high levels of THC but low levels of CBD.
These strains are most suitable for smoking as they release their cannabinoids into the lungs quickly, allowing you to get high very fast.
Some of the medical effects of cannabis wax and other cannabis concentrates are:
Anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce inflammation in patients. This also helps to reduce muscle spasms for those with multiple sclerosis. Enhances appetite, especially when patients suffer from conditions like anorexia or cachexia. Helps to relieve pain and sleep disorders from conditions such as fibromyalgia, spinal injury, and rheumatoid arthritis.
Cannabis wax is also used as a treatment for nausea and vomiting since it stimulates the release of saliva, which is helpful in curing these discomforts. Has been used to treat mental health problems, such as anxiety or depression. It can also be used to help patients cope with stress disorders. Cannabis wax has also been used to treat chronic pain.
Given the list of benefits of cannabis wax, one must ask: why would anyone want to save money by buying a cheaper butane-based extraction? If you’re going to spend your hard-earned cash on a product for medical use, then why would you cheap out on the quality of your concentrates? This is no longer acceptable.
Concentrates like cannabis wax can be used to produce many highly beneficial and effective medical products. The quality of these products are no longer determined by how much they cost but more on how they work and what they do for the body.
How to use Wax?
There are many ways of using cannabis wax.
One way is to place the cannabis wax in a pipe and then inhale the vapors through a vaporizer. You can also use a pipe or joint to smoke it but be sure that the tobacco or other type of filter does not absorb some of the precious psychoactive drops in the concentrate.
Another option is to heat or “burn” the wax at high temperatures and inhale it using a vaporizer. This differs from smoking because you do not need to smoke any more than what can be held between your fingers after heating it up.
And because the wax vaporizes at a lower temperature compared to other types of cannabis, it allows you to consume more of the active ingredients without the potential risks. However, if you feel like smoking this concentrate, it is recommended that you load a vaporizer instead and enjoy the health benefits of having no combustion.
Remember though that wax has a more potent smell and flavor than marijuana leaves, so make sure that you do not allow this too close to others who may not appreciate it. If you are interested on knowing the best vape dab pens and wax vaporizers, check out some previous posts and keep updated on our blog!
Risks of it’s use
Cannabis wax might be more potent than your average marijuana, but it also has its own risks. Be sure to follow these tips:
- If you have a medical condition or are taking prescription drugs, you should always consult your doctor before using cannabis.
- Cannabis wax is very potent, so make sure that you start with a small amount the first time around to test out the effect that it will have on you.
- Never use cannabis if you are alone or if you are driving because its effects can be stronger than expected and may cause drowsiness. Use this only when you are with friends or people who can help in case of an emergency.
- If you have any allergic reactions to cannabis, then it is best to avoid this product.
- Cannabis products are mostly sold by weight and volume, but they change throughout the year because they are made specifically for different customers. However, although this change in grade is supposed to be irregular and unpredictable, you should always use a reliable source of marijuana information because someone can always try to sell you something that looks like it has more THC than what it has.
Where to store Cannabis Wax
Since marijuana is still illegal in many places, you may want to place the wax back in the container it came with and keep it away from minors. Even though it is legal in many states, it can still be confiscated.
If your cannabis wax comes with a container, make sure that you keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Remember to store wax in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight or high temperatures because both will affect its shelf life.
Wax for Recreation
Many people want to know if cannabis wax is a recreational product, and the answer is that this depends on each consumer and their needs. However, this means that some of its users have important medical conditions that require using a cannabis product for medical purposes. For example, if you have cancer, then use wax concentrate instead of whole flower because the latter will increase your risk of developing side effects.
Because THC levels are so high in cannabis wax, it can cause psychoactive effects in some individuals which they will find unpleasant. Because of this reason, it is not recommended for people with cardiovascular problems or who are under the age of 25.
Currently, cannabis wax is not sold in all states. Those states that do have legal dispensaries that sell it are making sure to keep the quality of their products high and to do this, they must know what the various qualities of their product are.
Don’t be fooled by someone trying to sell you on something which might not contain many THC levels and is instead made from very low-quality wax. The current legal status of cannabis wax also varies because there are still pockets of prohibition in certain areas and these areas may only allow you to buy high-grade marijuana, not cannabis wax concentrates.